[TRNSYS-users] Time steps on Studio (deck) and Build

Real Thomas Real-Thomas at aldes.com
Wed Oct 1 06:37:12 PDT 2008

Dear TRNSYS Users

I have just discovered there is a time step in TRNBUILD which is different from the time step in the Studio (deck).
I had run a lot of simulations with a TRNBUILD time step of 1 hour and a Studio time step really lower (30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes ) . These simulations seemed quite good and worked well if we put an Input Value Recall (Type 93) between the Building outputs and some other components.

I have now changed the time step in TRNBUILD (0.1 hour => I couldn't go lower) and changed the Studio time step to 0.1 hour.
I can see differences, but they are not big : less than 2% for a total consumption of the year.

The problem is that I am studying strategies of heating regulations. So, I need short time steps to see if my regulation strategy is good.

I have 2 questions :

- Do you think my simulations already run with different time steps between TRNBUILD and the Studio are wrong ? not realist ?

- If the time steps of the Studio is lower than the TRNBUILD time step, what information / instructions are given by the studio to TRNBUILD ?
For exemple I have calculated with the Studio every minute the air temperature to blow into a room in the Studio, the TRNBUILD time step is 1h : what is the air temperature used in TRNBUILD : the mean of the temperatures calculated every minutes ? only the temperature calculated at 60 minutes ? or an other one ?

Thank you for your help

Kind regards,

[cid:284310112 at 01102008-1AF5]
REAL Thomas
Ingénieur Recherche
Research Engineer
real-thomas at aldes.com<mailto:real-thomas at aldes.com>
Tel : 05.61.24.95.65 - Fax : 05.61.24.95.69
www.aldes.com<http://www.aldes.com/>

P Afin de contribuer au respect de l'environnement, merci de n'imprimer cet e-mail que si nécessaire.