[TRNSYS-users] help! please

Edwin Gabriel Cruz Lazo edwingabriel19 at yahoo.es
Tue Nov 25 14:44:49 PST 2008

Dear Sirs:

My name is Edwin Cruz, I am new user of  TRNSYS. I have been using this software for one and half months. My
target is to make up a hybrid system: PV-wind-diesel. As usual for a beginner I
have some questions.
My problem is how to link the components of a pv system
to those of a wind-diesel system. I have the following questions:

About Type 180c:
·       To input
2: The solar radiation flux (G) and input 3: Tamb.-
Should
I set them equal to zero because the flux and temperature are coming from Type
9 and they vary through time or should I set a seed value?. In this case, which
value could be used, any value or the peak radiation value?

Choosing a component:
I want to use the pv system to charge a battery, the pv and wind systems to
supply energy to the loads and if it is necessary I would also use a diesel
system. All systems working at the same time. I want to know which component I
should use, Type 175 (Power Conditioning) or Type 48 (Regulator and Inverter).

·       According to the manual
component Type 175 works as DC/DC, AC/DC or DC/AC. But I can not find an option
to configure its mode (DC/DC or AC/DC). Is the way of working selected inside
itself? In the example Solar-Hydrogen Energy Systems (included in TRNSYS 15)
this component works as DC/AC and AC/DC.
·       Is it necessary to link output
1 from Type 180 to input 2 from Type 175? Because fixing the set point in a
given voltage in input 2 of Type 175 will keep it constant through time.
·       On the other hand, if I choose
Type 48 (I think it is the right choice) I do not know which values use to
charge to discharge limit (FSOC) and in the upper limit on FSOC for the grid
charging. I think I could use the following values: parameter 4 = 1, parameter
5= 0, parameter 6 = 0.2 and parameter 10 = 0.8. Are these values right?
·       With type 48
To input 1 (input
power) and input 2 (load power):
should I set them
equal to zero because the input power and load power are coming from Type  180 and they vary through time or should I
set a seed value?. In this case, which value could be used, any value or the
peak radiation value?

Another question, when the battery is
already charged and there is no need of energy from it, I need some load to
avoid overcharging it. I can not find, in the software, a component which
represents a dump to work as a load for the battery. Can you tell me what can I
do?

I want to connect a pv-system to an eolic-diesel system already supplied as an
example by the software (example 2, included in TRNSYS 15). Should I connect
the pv-system to the Pbusbar (adding the pv power to the eolic-diesel power) in
the example or should I introduce a new Pbusbar?
How can I make the battery to switch on
or off when the demand is greater than the energy produced by the
pv-eolic-diesel system?
 I hope my questions
are clear..

Thank you very much.