[TRNSYS-users] Shading mask and control card

Thibaut VITTE thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr
Mon Nov 17 09:19:20 PST 2008

Dear Trnsys users,

I want to modelize a shading mask from a wall facing an opening. I
understood how to use type67 (or 68, or 64?) and tested it, it seems to
give good results.
But when I implemented this into my building simulation, I got an error
(a warning that is repeated too many times) for type 56 "a direct beam
radiation occured when the incidence angle was greater than 90° "
(something like that). I've read that it can be due to the order in the
control card (I checked with the TRACE function, and the inputs of type
56 seems to be fine at the timesteps where an error's supposed to be).
So I put type67 before type56, and I got an error #427 for type67.
 TRNSYS Message    427 : An OUTPUT from the specified component model
has been written to the global OUT array in a location beyond the
allocated number of outputs from this model. Please check the component
carefully to insure that INFO(6) is set correctly. The simulation has
been aborted to avoid problems caused by over-writing the outputs from
other component models

Can anyone help me ?

Thibaut Vitte

PS: Since we're speaking of shading masks, does anyone has a good method
to calculate fastly obstruction angles ? It can be time consuming...