[TRNSYS-users] Problem with the demanded compiler

Artemi Spanaki spanakiart at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 23:03:56 PST 2008

Dear David

I try to create a new component in Fortran. I installed the “Microsoft Visual Studio” a software that contains Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6. The file “Dfdev.exe” that is set by default in the directories card of settings (demanded Fortran environment) command is ok. The problem is the file named “devenv.exe” that is demanded for C++ environment does not exist. I suppose that this is not a problem since I don’t use C++.

The big problem is that the file named “msdev.exe” for compiler command and the file named “alltrn32.bat” for linker command do not exist. The software of Compaq Visual Fortran is not enabled by when simulation studio is running. As a result, when I try to create the dll file for the new component, I get a number of errors for the commands of the fortran code that get data from TRNSYS.

Additionally, on the source code of my new component there is the *.for file for source code file but the compiling command is empty and gives me the following message: “The system cannot find the file specified”

Have you got any idea about how can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Artemi Spanaki