[TRNSYS-users] Type 62 Excel - Initial Procedure in VBA

Heinrich Carsten Carsten.Heinrich at ilkdresden.de
Mon Nov 10 00:09:32 PST 2008

Dear all,

I have a question about the type 62 for coupling TRNSYS with Excel. I use some user defined Visual Basic functions in my Excel sheet, which have a high number of parameter input. The parameters are defined in the worksheet. To speed up I would like to declare those parameters a static variables in the vba – modul.

And now my question: Is there a procedure call from TRNSYS, which is only called once in the beginning of the simulation? Because I want to read the parameters from the worksheet into the static variables only once and not for each time step and iteration call.

Best regards
Carsten Heinrich
Department Refrigeration and Cryogenics
Phone   (0351) 40 81 637
Fax        (0351) 40 81 635
E-Mail    carsten.heinrich at ilkdresden.de<mailto:carsten.heinrich at ilkdresden.de>
Institut für Luft- und Kältetechnik Dresden gGmbH ● Bertolt-Brecht-Allee 20, 01309 Dresden
Geschäftsführer Dr. rer. nat. habil. Ralf Herzog ● Prokurist Prof. Dr.-Ing. Uwe Franzke
Phone.: 0351/40 81-520 ● Fax: 0351/40 81-525 ● E-Mail: gf at ilkdresden.de<mailto:gf at ilkdresden.de> ● Web: http://www.ilkdresden.de<http://www.ilkdresden.de/>
Commerzbank Dresden ● Kto. 8 000 135 ● BLZ 850 400 00 ● Amtsgericht Dresden HRB 6118 ● UID-Nr. DE 140 12 88 98