[TRNSYS-users] how to get a fixed solar fraction

Carlos Flores karlitro at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 06:15:52 PST 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm simulating a large solar heating system with piping losses and a heat
exchanger. I want to fix all the variables but the area of solar collectors
in order to achieve a centain solar fraction by varying the total collectors
area.

So basically I want to do this:

- Given a centain ammount of heat I want to transfer to the cold stream in
the heat exchanger, I need to find the collector area that does it.

I've been thinking about it for a while and I can't find the answer. The
thing is, after the day ends (i.e at 0:00 AM), I need to decide wheather to
increase or decrease the collectors area... and to do that is my main
problem (cause there are not if conditions in TRNSYS... which would make it
way easier).

Thanks to all,

Carlos Flores
Universidad de Chile