[TRNSYS-users] weather data readers

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Wed May 28 23:46:18 PDT 2008

Hi Eleni,

If I have understood your question correctly, you can try the following:
First, select the component you want to replace. Then, from the Studio
menu, choose Edit/Replace and select the new Proforma (Type 109 user in
your case). You should be able to do this without losing any connections,
at least it worked for me.

Kind regards,
Knut Erik

             trnsys-users-requ
             est at engr.wisc.edu
             05/27/2008 07:03          trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 41, Issue
             trnsys-users at engr         32
                 .wisc.edu

----- Message from "Eleni Ampatzi" <ampatzie at Cardiff.ac.uk> on Tue, 27 May
2008 13:14:09 +0100 -----

           To: <trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu>

      Subject: [TRNSYS-users] weather data readers

Dear All,

Is there a way of replacing the weather data (from standard to user format
components) without
losing the Radiation connections in Studio? If I replace the standard type
109 component with a type
109 user format I need to relink the inputs /outputs between the radiation
component and the weather
data reader and in certain cases (when a large number of different surfaces
are to be evaluated by
the weather data reader) this is time consuming. As I am doing this for a
series of building models,
I wonder if someone has ever come across a similar problem and found a
solution... Thank you in
advance

Best regards

Eleni Ampatzi

NIVAs hovedkontor har flyttet til nye lokaler i CIENS - Forskningssenter
for miljø og samfunn; Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo. Meld deg på vårt
nyhetsbrev på www.niva.no