[TRNSYS-users] Cold storage

Wouter Lumen wouter.lumen at ugent.be
Thu May 15 10:24:36 PDT 2008

Ricardo, trnsysusers,

For my master thesis i have to model a hvac system using ice thermal storage.
There are some storage components in the trnsys library (and in the
TESS library)
but none of them handle phase change materials, such as water-ice.

I think the best thing to do is to find a physical model of an ice
storage tank
(which can be found easily literature) and write your own component
for use in trnsys.
For my thesis, i'm in the process of doing this myself.

Even though, I was wondering whether there are people who already have
ice thermal storage components for use with trnsys?
(I would be very interested in this to compare with my own component)

Kind Regards,

Wouter