[TRNSYS-users] Type 71 RATIO-Factor

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu May 8 11:53:23 PDT 2008

> in the sourcecode of Type 71 (evacuated tube collector) I found a
> RATIO-factor which is multiplied with the power gain. It has no big
> influence if your parameter "massflow at test conditions" is high enough
> (more then about 3 kg/hr). But nevertheless: does anybody know where
> this factor comes from?

The RATIO term is a combination of factors that account for performance of
the collectors connected in series and the performance of the collector at
off-rated flow conditions.  The documentation for the Type explains in
details the equations for these factors.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104