[TRNSYS-users] what's the difference between operative zone temperature and air temperature of zone?

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Wed Mar 26 09:39:14 PDT 2008

Dear Yuyun,

Top is a sort of average between air and surface temperature. Top is
calculated as shown below :

Top = Aop * Tair + (1 - Aop)*Tsurf
Where Aop is a weighting factor for operative room temperature

 So Top is a little bit different from Tair, but this seems to be more
accurate if you want to observe thermal comfort into a room.

Kind regards, Adrien

Yujun TAO a écrit :
> Hello users,
> What's the operative zone temperature?  what's the difference between
> operation temperature and air temperature of zone? When we shoud use
> the operative zone temperature?
> Thanks in advance
> Yujun

Adrien JEZEQUEL