[TRNSYS-users] pb convergence with type 60

David Chèze david.cheze at clipsol.com
Tue Mar 18 08:51:22 PDT 2008

Hello,

I can't find a good way using type 60 in yearly simulation :  to run until the end because of non convergence pb on heat exchanger's UA calculation : no problem when I use small flow rate (280L/h) and small tube's diameters (around 15mm) but no way if I try to run simulation with 280 L/h of flow rate and heat exchanger tube diameter around 30mm.
I do not use glycol as fluid , just water.
The timestep is small (10s) and I tried to increase internal timestep , number of derivatives with no significant improvement.
I thought it was improved in TRNSYS 16 but I can't find the solution.

Has anyone encountered (and solved) this problem ?

Thanks

David Chèze

CLIPSOL - énergies solaires
R&D Produit