[TRNSYS-users] PMV and PPD calculation

Kim Goethals kim.goethals at ugent.be
Fri Mar 14 03:19:01 PDT 2008

Dear TRNSYS users,

When I compare the outputted PMV and PPD of TRNSYS with the results
which I have calculated using the equations in accordance with ISO 7730,
the PMV and PPD differ on average respectively 0.18 and 10. At first I
have used the mean surface temperature of the room. I have also
calculated the mean radiant temperature estimated from the values of the
plane radiant temperatures for a sitting and a standing person with
different orientations. However, none of the calculated values of the
mean radiant temperature produces the same PMV and PPD as outputted in
TRNSYS. Can somebody explain me this?

Thanks in advance,
best regards,
Kim

--
kim goethals

engeneer-architect

department of architecture and urban planning

faculty of engineering

ghent university

t + 32 (0)9 264 78 61

f + 32 (0)9 264 41 85