[TRNSYS-users] more problems with type 109 user format!

Eleni Ampatzi ampatzie at Cardiff.ac.uk
Thu Mar 6 08:26:02 PST 2008

Dear All,

After Knut's suggestion I corrected the type *.109 file by deleting any radiation values between
sunset and sunrise. To do that I used the standard format TM2 weather data for Cardiff and I read it
with type 109 (mode 2). I got as outputs the I_Glob_H and the I_diff_H which I then compared in a
spreadsheet with the measurements I have (I used an IF function in Excel to turn to zero the values
of my measurements when at the same time those from the Output of TM2 were 0). I then used the same
longitude and latitude in my *.109 file as those in the TM2 file and run the simulation. I would
expect to have no warnings anymore, but this was not the case. I still get more than 500 warnings.
In addition I have two other problems:

1) If I use as STOP time for my simulation = 8760 hours then I get an error message and the
simulation does not run (please see attached jpeg). If I use 8759 for STOP time, the simulation runs
and I get a warning saying that

"*** Warning at time       :         0.000000
    Generated by Unit     :     3
    Generated by Type     :    25
    Message               : The printer has rounded the reset time to an even number of timesteps -
Please check to make sure that this does not adversely affect your simulation results."
I dont understand what that means.

2) In my *.109 file, if I use as "Time corresponding to first data line (hours)"= 0 my simulation
will not run as I get a "Range Check error". Again I do not understand why this happens.

3) If I get as outputs from my weather data (the one with the measurements) the I_Glob_H and the
I_diff_H I see that this were not just read by type 109, they are altered. This is obviously related
to the warnings I get. ?!

I would appreciate any help with this, as I am doing (as part of y research) a sensitivity analysis
regarding the weather data and I need to use both average and actual year data. As I have all those
problems my analysis is totally unreliable for now. Please help me,

Best regards

Eleni Ampatzi
Welsh School of Architecture
Cardiff University