[TRNSYS-users] Existing Model of Horizontal pipe array...?

Francois francois.badinier at icax.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:58:38 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I’m trying to model an horizontal pipe array (equivalent to the one used for
a heat pump), by using the Type 556 = detailed buried pipe(from the TESS
library).

With that, we can get the heat transfer from the pipe to the ground, but we
can’t model the “interference” caused by the nearby pipes (in our case we
have 10 parallel pipes spaced by 250 mm), reducing the efficiency of the
heat transfer (compared to 10 isolated pipes in the ground).

My question is :

Has someone already made a model of an horizontal pipe array constituted by
parallel arrays or tried to modify the type 556 for this aim?

Thank you.

François Badinier

Development Engineer

ICAX Ltd