[TRNSYS-users] Air cooled evaporator &condenser

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Mon Jun 23 04:23:34 PDT 2008

Hello Tsaeri,

The standard way of adding conditioning equipment when you are using Type
56 or other building models is to define them as ventilation streams, with
temperature, humidity and air exchange rates from the equipment outputs. I
am not sure what kind of equipment you are trying to model, as I am far
from an HVAC expert, but you can probably model an air conditioner or an
air source heat pump in cooling mode by using Type 20 in the standard
TRNSYS library. If you are looking for a chiller, you have Type 53. Of
course, if you have the TESS HVAC library, you will have many more
components to choose from. In most cases you will also need performance
data from a real model to put in an external file which is read by the
component. You can for example visit www.carrier.com to search for such
data.

Hope this was helpful in some way.

Kind regards
Knut Erik

             trnsys-users-requ
             est at engr.wisc.edu
             06/21/2008 07:02          trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         TRNSYS-users Digest, Vol 42, Issue
             trnsys-users at engr         23
                 .wisc.edu

----- Message from Tsaeri Nimeewat Bikulu <leyabuekum2008 at yahoo.com> on
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 01:23:34 -0700 (PDT) -----

        To: trnsys-users at engr.wisc.edu

   Subject: [TRNSYS-users] Air cooled evaporator &condenser

Hello every body
I am trying to simulate a cold store and I modeled all the necessary
components which are used in the cold store now I left two components which
are air cooled evaporator and condenser. How can I add these components?
Please tell me the way how to add these components.

Best regard