[TRNSYS-users] Heat Exchanger with Constant Effectiveness

Michel Bernier michel.bernier at polymtl.ca
Thu Jun 12 04:51:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

Jeff is right. You shouldn't be using a regular heat exchanger
model to model a canadian well. The DST model is also
excellent to model vertical ground heat exchangers.
However, I don't think it will help you as most
often canadian wells are placed horizontally and form
so called "earth-tubes".  If that is the case then
you may want to look at the air-to-soil heat exchanger
(type 460) from TRANSSOLAR.

Hope this helps,

Michel

***************************************