[TRNSYS-users] Comparing residential air conditioner and air-cooled chiller

Janne Paavilainen jip at du.se
Tue Jun 3 08:12:08 PDT 2008

Hi!

For what it's worth:

I once used standard Type52a for outside coolers so that I "black box
calibrated" the heat exchanger parameters so that the characteristics
would match those of real products of some Fincoil dry coolers, even
though the Type52a is not meant for that heat exchanger geometry.
Fincoil had a simulation program for their products where I could vary
liquid mass flow rates and temperatures. With it I made a
multi-point-calibration for varying liquid mass flow rate, inlet
temperature and ambient temperature by tweaking the Type52a parameters
until the performance matched in the expected operating range.

This was done in TRNSYS15 and I remember having some psychrometrics
subroutine trouble in Type52a.

Kind Regards,
Janne

Janne Paavilainen