[TRNSYS-users] simulation running unstable/stops, NaN in output?

Wouter Lumen wouter.lumen at ugent.be
Wed Jul 16 17:48:43 PDT 2008

Dear TRNSYS-users,

I have made my own component for modeling an ice-storage tank.
I can run this component in a simple simulation with few other components, and
it runs flawless. I have tested the component with a wide variety of
input values and parameters, and it always works fine.

When I put this component in a more complicated simulation, I mostly
get "invalid floating point errors". Also if i put out some component
outputs through a printer in an excell-file, I get "NaN", sometimes a
whole column full, sometimes just one NaN in between the normal values.

I have checked the input values for the component and non of them are
out of range. I also have checked that the component order is as it
should be.

Does anybody know where this NaN comes from and what it means?

Are there parameters that i can change in TRNSYS to make the
simulation run more stable?

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Wouter Lumen