[TRNSYS-users] Equation

Wouter Lumen wouter.lumen at ugent.be
Thu Jul 24 04:32:41 PDT 2008

Liam,

You could try to translate the "if else" structures into boolean expressions:

and(,) or(,) eql(,) are other logical operators that can be used
besides gt(,) and lt(,). (they all take 2 arguments).
These are operators used in fortran if i'm not mistaken.

You can put these together in something like:

and(gt(condition1),lt(condition2))*output1 +
and(eql(condition3),eql(condition4))*ouput2

Another possibility is writing your own component in C++, in which you can
use "if else" and other logical structures.

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

Wouter