[TRNSYS-users] u-value of wall

Jan-Willem van Laer J.vanLaer at chri.nl
Wed Jul 23 05:10:34 PDT 2008

Dear TNSYS-users,

These questions were asked before by Christophe but weren’t answered. Does
anybody got the answer to these questions?

When defining a new wall, TRNBUILD calculates a standard U-value determined

with combined heat transfer coefficients of 7.7 W/m²K inside and 25 W/m²K

outside (see volume 6 page 23). These U-values are correct for a vertical

wall separating an inside environnement from an outside environnement, but

not for horizontal walls and inside vertical walls. Does TRNBUILD take

these distinctions into account or does it use these two standard

coefficients (7 and 25) for every wall types ?

A second question in relation with the first one : combined heat transfer

coefficients normally takes into account superficial convective and

radiative heat transfers. So wich coefficients are used in calculations ?

standard combined coefficients ? Convective heat transfer coefficients of

wall defined in the wall type manager ? Both ?

Kind regards,

Met vriendelijke groet,

Jan-Willem van Laer, Assistent Projectleider

Cauberg-Huygen Raadgevende Ingenieurs BV

Bezoekadres:      Boterdiep 48, 3077 AW Rotterdam

Postadres:  Postbus 9222, 3007 AE Rotterdam

Telefoon:   010 - 4257444

Fax:  010 - 4254443

E-mail:     j.vanlaer at chri.nl

Web:  www.chri.nl

KvK-nummer: 14623897

Disclaimer: Op deze e-mail is een disclaimer van toepassing:

A disclaimer is applicable to this e-mail, please refer to:

http://www.chri.nl/emaildisclaimer