[TRNSYS-users] Error: A non-optional actual argument

Edward Halawa Edward.Halawa at unisa.edu.au
Mon Jul 21 18:24:10 PDT 2008

Jeff,

<Can you compile any of the existing models?  Try adding the * as the
last argument in your Subroutine statement and make sure that the RETURN
statments are actually RETURN 1 statments.  You may want to take an
exisiting model and modify it if you're having problems writing one.>

Following your advice, I created a project called TRNSDll16 as part of
my workspace (Solution). In it I included a number of existing TRNSYS16
subroutines: TYPE1, TYPE2, etc. I also included TYPE38 and TYPE45 (which
calls TYPE38).

I compiled TYPE1, TYPE2 .. etc, including TYPE38 (a tank model)
individually without error. But when I compiled TYPE 45 (which calls
TYPE38), I got the same error I mentioned earlier at lines where TYPE38
are called. (The same error appear both with and without (*)). I did not
make any change to TYPE45 except insertion of (*) as its last argument.

Do you have workspace (solution) template for IVF 10.1 ?

Regards,

edward