[TRNSYS-users] connection TRNSYS-Fluent

Diego Alejandro Arias daarias at uwalumni.com
Wed Jul 16 10:41:03 PDT 2008

Hi Silvia,

Unfortunately, yes, you need to recompile Type101 with your particular
script for updating the boundary conditions in Fluent.

The philosophy behind this type was to demonstrate that the connection
was possible, and to give a basic example of how to do that.

The current implementation has TRNSYS as the main driver: TRNSYS calls
Fluent, and waits for it to finish the simulation at each time step.
Perhaps another solution is to have Fluent drive the simulations, and
let it call TRNSYS at each Fluent-time step.  This implementation
would require some work on the TRNSYS-developers side, but it can be
implemented if there are a few users that think that this approach is
useful.

Please feel free to share with us your suggestions for making this
coupling more useful.

Best regards,

Diego