[TRNSYS-users] Suggestion

fdominguezm at uma.es fdominguezm at uma.es
Wed Jan 23 03:05:57 PST 2008

Dear Trnsys users,

I'd like to suggest a new functionality for TRNSYS. In some projects I am
currently working on, I miss the ability to use “IF” directives to remove
or to add parts of the DCK file. This function would be similar to that
provided by the ratio buttons in TRNEDIT, this time implemented into
TRNSYS itself. To make it much simpler, the IF conditions do not need to
depend on variables that are solved at run-time. For example:

CONSTANT 1
ModelSelector = 2

%if (ModelSelector = 1) then
  UNIT 22 TYPE 1
  ……
%else if(ModelSelector = 2) then
  UNIT 22 TYPE 210
  …..
%endif

DOE-2 and EnergyPlus make this option available through a “macro”
language. Most of the abilities of this macro language are inherent to the
DCK grammar, except the conditional blocks.

In my case, the conditional blocks would give me an easy way to switch
between alternative models or model structures in the course of large
parametric simulations.

Regards!

Fernando Domínguez-Muñoz
University of Málaga (Spain)