[TRNSYS-users] Free tool to make TRNSYS types

keilholz, werner werner.keilholz at cstb.fr
Mon Jan 14 09:33:11 PST 2008

Dear TRNSYS users,

I don't follow all discussions on this list regularly, so please forgive
me if this has been said before:

Talking about making TRNSYS types in C or C++, it occurs to me that
Microsoft's free version of the Visual Studio makes fine TRNSYS types in
these languages at no cost.

I recently had a chance to watch someone recompile some types I had made
with the full (paying) version of Visual Studio under the free version,
and practically everything worked immediately.

So those of you who still hesitate about which compiler to buy may want
to have a look at

http://www.microsoft.com/express/ (download "Visual C++ 2008 Express
Edition").

Maybe you don't need to buy one at all... :-)

Werner