[TRNSYS-users] Problems with Type 16e

giacomo.villi at unipd.it giacomo.villi at unipd.it
Thu Feb 28 06:29:29 PST 2008

Hi,
I am currently upgrading an old TRNSYS 15 file to version 16.
I am finding some problems with radiation calculations starting from known
Beam and Diffuse radiation data. Both projects share Type 16e and the same
data file (Type 9c is told not to interpolate data regarding solar
radiation): they are the 7th and 8th columns of the attached file (units
are kJ/hr m^2)
TRNSYS 16 Type 16e tells the calculated value of beam radiation for
orientation E (= azimuth -90°) exceeds the solar constant while everything
is right with TRNSYS 15 Type 16e. Calculated angle of incidence for that
direction are the same but calculated values for radiation are different.
I am wondering what is wrong.
Any advice will be appreciated,
Thanks in advance

giacomo