[TRNSYS-users] type 703: ground floor consists of >1 zones

Eleni Ampatzi ampatzie at Cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 05:09:39 PST 2008

Dear All,

I want to use type 703 to get the slab/soil Temperature in my models. I have read the documentation
and checked the example given but I would like your help. In my models, the ground floor slab is
shared between a number of zones, and therefore I am not sure how I should deal with it.

I could treat each part of the slab separately and create a 3D ground geometry beneath each slab
piece. This would mean that some nodes will not  border to the far field etc.

Is there a way of treating the slab as a whole? Will that be  less or more accurate?

Any help would be appreciated, as I am just a stupid architect :(

Best Regards

Eleni Ampatzi
WSA, Cardiff University