[TRNSYS-users] Thermal mass in type 56

Chatchawan Chaichana c.chaichana at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 10:19:47 PST 2008

Hi there,
I'm working on a very low temperature storage room project. I'd like to
simulate the energy consumption of the refrigeration system that is used to
remove heat gain to the room. The refrigeration system will be operated only
during the night. There is a mass of concrete inside the room acting as
thermal mass. At the end of the night, the concrete temperature  is to be
-30C. During the day, the refrigeration system is off, leaving the concrete
slap to supply cooling to the room. Yes, it is another demand side
management.

At the moment, I'm using Type 56 as the storage room with only one zone (may
create other zones later). I'm wondering how can I model the concrete slab
inside the room.

Best regards,
Chat

Asst. Prof. Dr. Chatchawan Chaichana