[TRNSYS-users] Maybe a problem with Type68 and Type34.

Konstantinos Laskos klaskos at civil.auth.gr
Fri Dec 5 11:59:49 PST 2008

Dear TRNSYS-users,

in the proforma of Type68 "Shading by External Object" but also in the
"Tutorial:using Type67 and Type34",  it is saying that if Type34
"Overhang and Wingwall shading"  is connected after Type67/68
parameter 1 of Type34 has to be set equal to 1. That is so because the
reduction of the view factor to the sky has already be taken into
account by Type67. By seting parameter 1 equal to 1 Type34 actually
adds 0.5 to the view factor to the sky but also to the view factor to
the ground which I think is totally wrong. By that the fourth output
of Type 34 "ground reflected diffuse" which equals to total horizontal
times ground reflectance times view factor to the ground, is almost
double of that it should be. And also the first output of Type 34
"incident receiver radiation" is also wrong after being a sum of
variables containing the "ground reflected diffuse". Have I
misunderstood something ? Is there a way to deal with that problem?

Konstantinos Laskos