[TRNSYS-users] Simulation with several components requiringstorage

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Dec 1 10:07:45 PST 2008

<I want to simulate a system with several components, each requiring to store
some values at the end of each time step.  Will it cause any problem, as the
same array name STORED() is used for each component?  Your reply is
appreciated.>

You should be fine.  All TESS models and standard TRNSYS components use an
indexing feature to store data into a large storage array inside the
kernal.  The local subroutine then fills the STORED array with values from
the large array.  If you are writing your own components and each model
uses a local STORED array then you won't have problems - unless you're
using more than one instance of a model (2 Type xxx tanks for example).
Then you'll have to be a bit careful.  I would recommend using the TRNSYS
storage algorithms if you're writing your own model - open an existing
type and follow the coding.

With kindest regards,

Jeff

Jeff Thornton