[TRNSYS-users] Some questions on the design of a tank

Tatiana de Meester de Betzenbroeck tatiana.demeester at student.uclouvain.be
Wed Aug 13 02:46:32 PDT 2008

Good morning,

I am a student engineer architect at the « Ecole polytechnique de Louvain
» at the Catholic University of Louvain (Belgium).  For the completion of
my master I'm studying a passive house with the software TRNsys. I'm
working under the direction of professor André De Herde in the
architecture and climate department.

I have some questions on the design of a tank.
In fact, I would like simulate a solar water-heater with a connection to
the ventilation double flux (System D). For these I needed 3 inputs and 3
outputs but the tank from the library has 2 inputs and 2 outputs maximum.
How take in consideration:
- The water from the distribution (1 input and 1 output)

- The connection with the solar thermal collector (1 input and 1 output)

- The connection with the heat exchanger for de heater of the ventilation
(system D) (1 input and 1 output)

I thank you very much for your attention and your help,

Kind regards,

Tatiana de Meester
engineer architect student
e-mail :  tatiana.demeester at student.uclouvain.be