[TRNSYS-users] parametric runs with type 56

boris.perrin at fr.schneider-electric.com boris.perrin at fr.schneider-electric.com
Wed Apr 30 03:06:46 PDT 2008

Dear All,

I'm working on a parametric study, using a type 56. I created a project
MyProject.tpf, using the multizone building wizard.

My variable is the set temperature, which I define as an input in
TRNBuild.

I specify that this input should be handled as a "constant", so I get this
variable available in the parametric table, using TRNEdit.

The output file of my type 25 is "***.out", so that TRNEdit appends the
run number to the output files.

But when I come to runing the table, I have an error message from
TRNBuild. In fact, it creates a file "MyProject1.bui", which is empty.
Indeed, it seems that it creates an empty  ".bui" file, instead of copying
the data from the file " MyProject.bui".

I can solve this problem by copying the file MyProject.bui and renaming it
into MyProject1.bui, MyProject2.bui, MyProject3.bui, which is not very
convenient.

Do you have any idea on how to proceed to get "MyProject1.bui",
"MyProject2.bui", "MyProject3.bui"... with the same data as in the
original " MyProject.bui"?

Or maybe the solution is to specify that it has to use "MyProject.bui" for
each parametric run? In that case, any idea on how to proceed?

Thanks a lot if you can help me solving this problem.

Best regards

Boris