[TRNSYS-users] Creating new type issue

Sébastien THOMAS sebastien.thomas at ulg.ac.be
Fri Apr 11 02:32:26 PDT 2008

When creating a new type with Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6.B I encounter a
building dll problem.

In fact there is a problem while calling TRNSYS functions. CvF compiles my
fortran file correctly (“USE TrnsysFunctions” works) but error appears
during building dll.

Here is the log:

“C:\Program Files\Trnsys16\Compilers\Cvf66\Type151\type151sourcefile.for

Linking...

   Creating library ..\..\..\Userlib\DebugDLLs/Type151.lib and object
..\..\..\Userlib\DebugDLLs/Type151.exp

type151sourcefile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETSIMULATIONSTARTTIME at 0

type151sourcefile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_TRNSYSFUNCTIONS_mp_GETSIMULATIONTIMESTEP at 0

..\..\..\Userlib\DebugDLLs/Type151.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved
externals

Error executing link.exe.”

Other user types have been created on same computer; I can rebuild their dll
file using CvF66B without any problem!

PS : I saw previous mail sent to TRNSYS mailing list about this problem.
Solution was to update CvF66 to CvF66B. It is already done on my computer.

Thank you for your help

Sébastien THOMAS
Assistant - Doctorant

Université de Liège
Département Sciences et Gestion de l'Environnement
Unité Surveillance de l’Environnement – Equipe Énergie
185, Avenue de Longwy
B-6700 ARLON
Tel: 32-(0)63-230 982
Fax: 32-(0)63 230 800
email:  <mailto:sebastien.thomas at ulg.ac.be> sebastien.thomas at ulg.ac.be
WEB:  <http://www.dsge-arlon.ulg.ac.be/energie>
http://www.dsge-arlon.ulg.ac.be/energie

  P Avant d'imprimer ce courriel sur papier recyclé ou de brouillon, pensez
à l’impact sur l'environnement.