[TRNSYS-users] Setting cool-on

hotline hotline at transsolar.com
Tue Sep 18 01:42:02 PDT 2007

Dear Stergiou,

here is a short abstract from the manual how T_COOL_ON is defined and why:
"
For the definition of the set temperature of the room air there are four options:

*	A constant set temperature of the air

*	According to DIN 1946 a floating set temperature based on ambient temperature, upper limit

*	According to DIN 1946 a floating set temperature based on ambient temperature (lower limit)

*	A user defined time-depended set value (time schedule)

Note: DIN 1946 refers to operative temperature which is not identical to the room air temperature. TRNSYSlite enables an control strategy based on room air temperature. In most cases in summer the air temperature is higher than the operative temperature because of the radiative temperature of inside surfaces of the room which has to be considered.
"
For your problem with the schedule you should define a dead band of at least 1 K for heating and cooling, this could probably help you.

With kind regards
Christian Frenzel