[TRNSYS-users] problem with prebid and lost files

Eleni Ampatzi ampatzie at Cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Sep 3 14:16:35 PDT 2007

Dear All,

I am using TRNSYS 16 and I am a new user.

I started working in TRNBUILD very recently, by setting up 6 (detailed) buildings there. Today I
tried to access the models (bui, inf, trn files), and I have lost 4 out of 6 models. I can not
understand how is this possible. The path and names are correct, so there is no chance that I saved
somewhere else. In addition when I try to run the TRNSYS input file on the two models that I still
have, i get a message saying that "FIle C:\Program does not exist". When I transfer the models in
the simulation studio I get a message saying that "the INF file must have been created with a wrong
version of PREBID".

Does anyone have come across a similar situation? Is there any chance that the files where corrupted
and therefore lost? (TRNBUILD does not allow me to save if there are problems with the building
description).

Thank you very much in advance,

Eleni Ampatzi