[TRNSYS-users] Thermal Energy Storage readily available components ?

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Oct 24 10:20:07 PDT 2007

> Therefore I would be interested in any information regarding such
components (from daily to
> seasonal storage, sensible and latent TES) and I am interested in
particular to know about the
> availability (do I need to contact the author, are they broadly
available through the TRNSYS website?) and
> validation information.

In the TESS Libraries for TRNSYS you'll find several excellent thermal
storage models:

1) Cylindrical, spherical, and uniform cross section fluid-filled storage
tanks with immersed heat exchangers (531 to 534).
2) Vertical closed-loop ground heat exchangers for seasonal storage (557)
3) Horizontal closed-loop ground heat exchangers for seasonal storage (916)

Each of these models has a detailed technical document which describes the
model, assumptions, usage, etc.  The TESS libraries may be purchased from
any of the TRNSYS distributors - including TESS.  Let us know if you have
any questions on the models - including validation.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104