[TRNSYS-users] [Fwd: Re: how to link real internal gains/profiles with type 56?]

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Tue Oct 30 06:03:07 PDT 2007

Dear Eleni,

First, you'd better have a look to the example "Excel Schedule.tpf"
(exact path : \Trnsys16\Examples\Calling Excel) to better understand how
Type 62 works. You will see that EXCEL file datas are only defined on 24
hours, and they are repeated every 24 hours (In that example, the run
last 168 hours, you can also change the "Simulation Stop Time" in the
Control Card to be sure that the data are repeated). So if you just have
6 typical profiles, just define them in your EXCEL file, and they will
be automaticaly repeated every 6 days.

Then, you just have to connect Type62 outputs to Type 56 inputs. No
matter that Type 62 results are dimensionless.

Be careful to define a 5 min "Simulation Time Step" in your control card.

Best regards,

Adrien

Eleni Ampatzi a écrit :
> Dear users,
>
> I am using electrical profiles to simulate the internal gains of my buildings. These are given in
> spreadsheets (5 min intervals and the unit is Watts). I use type 62 to call the excel and have the
> files read by TRNSYS (I convert the data to kJ/hr).  I get a correct result when I link this with a
> plotter (as in the example). I have also assigned an INPUT for the zones' internal gains in type 56.
> My problem is how to connect these two in the simulation studio (the results of type 62 are
> dimensionless). In addition, I have 6 typical days of the year (6 daily profiles) which will fully
> represent a whole year. Can anyone suggest a way to call the right profile in each repetition of
> macros in excel? (or maybe another way to do that?).
>
> I am a beginner and I am struggling with these problems, so any help would be appreciated... Thank
> you in advance :)
>
> Best regards
>
> Eleni Ampatzi
> WSA, Cardiff University
> Orange vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques
ITF (Ingénierie Tous Fluides)
87, route de Chambéry