[TRNSYS-users] air ventilation system

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Oct 8 15:51:38 PDT 2007

<I'm trying to use the "parallel chillers" (type53) and an "heat
exchanger" (TYPE5b) water-air, I think i should connect the inlet water
temperature of the evaporator as input for the cold side of the heat
exchanger (the hot side is the outdoor air, then after having been cooled
down goes to the fans of ventilation system). My problem is that the INLET
water temp of the evaporator is an input NOT an output for the "parallel
chillers"! (the output is the OUTLET water temp of the evaporator)>

The outlet temperature of the chiller (cold water) should be connected to
the water side of the air-water HX (cooling coil), with the ambient air on
the other side of the HX.  This will cool the air and warm the water.  The
warm water then returns to the chiller inlet to get cooled and start the
process again.  The condenser side of the chiller should be connected to
your source flow (air-cooled or water-cooled chiller).  Make sure to
include enough capacitance in each fluid loop to store 1 timestep's worth
of fluid to avoid run-away controls.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC