[TRNSYS-users] Error message

Jens Apel jens_apel at arcor.de
Mon Oct 8 04:34:11 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I'm trying to model the thermal capacitance of pipes. I am using the user
written component type 202 from the TRNSYS website (Annex 17 components).
It's the first time I compile components myself, so I have no experience in
that, I have also no experience in Fortran.

I compiled the type as stated in the manual volume 8 without any error
messages. For the proforma for the studio I declared (apart from the type
number) 2 inputs, 2 outputs and 2 parameters as stated in the Fortran code
file. When I run a simulation without connecting the outputs of the type 202
it's alright. But when I connect the outputs to a pipe or online plotter I
get the following error message

TRNSYS Message 28 : The listed input referenced an output number beyond the
allocated outputs for the connected type.

Reported information  : Unit 4 Type 31 Input 3 Connected to Unit 5 Type 202
Output 1

I don't understand that message, as the output of the type 202 is not
connected to input 3 of the pipe (this input is empty). Does anybody know
what this error means or has experiences with this model of a thermal
capacitance?

Yours,

Jens Apel

Technical University of Berlin