[TRNSYS-users] Greenhouse modelling with TRNSYS

knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no knut.erik.enerstvedt at niva.no
Wed Oct 3 04:03:10 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I am trying to simulate a greenhouse with glass walls and roof by using
type 56 and heating, cooling, humidification and dehumidification equipment
external to the building component. Currently, I have walls and roof
consisting of 99.5 % windows and a thermostat controller (type 8) and
differential controller (type 2) controlling the conditioning equipment,
basing their decisions on the greenhouse zone conditions. I need to use
external conditioning equipment, as this is the most important part of my
system. The heating and cooling are based on a water source, and at the
moment I am using TESS water source heat pump (type 505) and cooling coil
(type 508).

I wonder if anyone has done any similar modelling or greenhouse modelling
in general, and has some experiences to share? I am particulary interested
in what kind of control strategy for the external equipment I should use
for optimum stability of the greenhouse temperature and humidity levels (my
control system is not very stable) and details about the building itself
(properties of walls and windows etc). Is there any other (and better) way
to model a glass greenhouse?

Thanks in advance,

Knut Erik Enerstvedt

NIVAs hovedkontor har flyttet til nye lokaler i CIENS - Forskningssenter
for miljø og samfunn; Gaustadalléen 21, 0349 Oslo. Meld deg på vårt
nyhetsbrev på www.niva.no