[TRNSYS-users] type 109 - rain as output

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue May 29 06:54:39 PDT 2007

Dear Elisabeth,

Type89 is reporting the information that is in the TMY2 data file. On
NREL's website for the TMY2 user's manual
(http://rredc.nrel.gov/solar/old_data/nsrdb/tmy2/), you can find the
following information:
- The precipitable water is calculated from radiosonde data.
- The uncertainty flag (7) for the precipitable water indicates that the
"uncertainty is consistent with NWS practices and the instrument or
observation used to obtain the data".

So, my understanding is that the value for precipitable water is
calculated from other measurements. The uncertainty propagation of the
instrument precision results in a minimum value that is greater than zero.

Best regards,

Diego