[TRNSYS-users] running trnsys input file through console Fortran program

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Mon May 21 07:18:44 PDT 2007

Hi Mohammad,

TRNSYS has a subroutine called CALLPROGRAM, which you can use as the
basis of your program.  You can just grab it, remove the calls to
TrnsysConstants and TrnsysData, and it is ready to be used in any
console application. You can call it with a subroutine that looks like this:

program CallTRNSYS

    implicit none

    logical(4) bWait                   !wait/no wait for new process to end
    integer*4 prochand,thrdhand
    character(200) cmdline       !Command line to call TRNSYS
    integer errorCode

    !Call TRNSYS
    cmdline = 'c:\Trnsys16\Exe\TRNExe.exe c:\Trnsys16\MyProjects\MyDeck.dck'

    !Wait until it is done
    bwait = .true.
    call CALLPROGRAM(CMDLINE,bwait,prochand,thrdhand,errorCode)
end program

Best regards,

Diego