[TRNSYS-users] Collector type with biaxial IAM and thermal capacity

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Fri May 11 06:59:35 PDT 2007

> I am looking for a collector TRNSYS type which works like type 71
> (evacuated tube collector) - especially the biaxial IAM is important -
> but also with a thermal capacity.

Jochen,

We've just updated our evalcuated tube model (bi-axial IAM's) to include
capacitance effects - plus it allows you to control the model to deliver a
constant outlet temperature (if so desired).  The model will be in the
next release of the TESS solar library but may be purchased separately
beforehand.  Check out TRNSYS.com for details on the model (Type 965) or
e-mail me privately and we can discuss the model.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC

2916 Marketplace Drive - Suite 104