[TRNSYS-users] Type 56- Restaurant's example

MERIEM SOUSSI soussi_meriem2005 at yahoo.fr
Wed May 9 15:20:21 PDT 2007

  Dear all,
  Dear Mr Bradley,

  1- In type 56, When you calculate the response factors of the walls, which properties do you take for the inside and the outside air layers?? Do you take the ASHRAE standard library (I mean the layer A0 for the outside surface resistance and the layer E0 for the inside surface resistance).
  How does this interfeer with the indicated values of (hc)int?

  2-How to calculate response factors with variable values of convective heat transfer coefficient of wall (inputs/shedule values)??

  3-In the example "Restaurant" ; the convective heat transfer coefficient (back)of the wall  "outside" is defined as = 1*HOUTSIDE; where HOUTSIDE is an input of type 56, and HOUTSIDE is not connected to any other type, that means that during the simulations, this parameter is equal to zero?? Why is that input not connected properly??

      Thank you for clarifying my doubts.

       Best regards
       Meriem