[TRNSYS-users] Request

Adrien JEZEQUEL a.jezequel at itf.biz
Wed May 2 08:05:23 PDT 2007

Dear Samuel,

If you see the example concerning the use of PID, you will see that the
PID output 1 ('control signal') is defined as an energy (in kJ/hr) used
to heat or cool the building. So I think that you have to adapt the PID
output with an equation to obtain a fluid flow rate.

I think that tPiD only give the energy rate necessary to maintain the
controled variable at  the setpoint.

Maybe you can have a look at this example in "feedback control" to see
how are used PID.

I am not really sure of what I say, so if someone is able to confirm or
to cancel what I said, he's welcome...

Best regards,

Adrien

Samuele a écrit :
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to build a model in which there are a variable speed pump
> and a linear parabolic concentrator: I'm using a pid controller to
> regulate the inlet flowrate for the liner parabolic concentrator
> because I need that the outlet temperature from the concentrator is
> costant ( 280°C).
>
> I have seen the result but I don't know if it's working well. There is
> the file.tpf enclosed.
>
> Could anybody tell me if anything is wrong?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Adrien JEZEQUEL
Ingénieur en Simulations Dynamiques
ITF (Ingénierie Tous Fluides)