[TRNSYS-users] Linking to the TRNSYS DLL

Steven Long stevenlong at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 25 17:49:45 PDT 2007

I'm trying to import a TRNSYS DLL into a non TRNSYS executable.  I'm using
the following interface in my calling exe:

interface

subroutine TRNSYS(ICALL,PAROUT,PLOTOUT,LABELS,TITLES,DECKNAME)

!DEC$ATTRIBUTES DLLIMPORT :: TRNSYS

!MS$ATTRIBUTES ALIAS:'TRNSYS' :: TRNSYS

!MS$ATTRIBUTES STDCALL :: TRNSYS

!MS$ATTRIBUTES REFERENCE :: ICALL

!  CHARACTER*160  DECKNAME

!  CHARACTER*1 LABELS(2000),TITLES(750)

!  DOUBLE PRECISION PAROUT(1000),PLOTOUT(1000)

end subroutine TRNSYS

end interface

I've tried several iterations of this, but keep getting the "unresolved
external references link error"  I've confirmed that the compiled TRNSYS dll
is in the link path.  I'm using the Intel V9.XX compiler.

Could you clarify what changes I need to make.

Thanks,

Steven Long, P.E.