[TRNSYS-users] Buried pipe Type31

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Thu Mar 22 08:31:29 PDT 2007

<<I want to simulate a buried pipe for air preheating or for free-cooling
for a building ventilation. I want to know if the Type31 is well adapted
for this kind of simulation or if there are oder component which take in
consideration the heat transfert in the soil around the pipes.>>

There are models specifically designed to be used for buried pipes.  TESS
has a few for fluid-filled pipes that account for the fluid-to-soil heat
transfer (and storage) (namely Type 952, 916, 557 etc.) and Transsolar has
one for air-to-soil heat transfer (hypocaust).  Type 31 is not really
suited for buried applications.

Jeff

Jeff Thornton
President - TESS, LLC