[TRNSYS-users] TRNSYS V16 an Type 56 : Serie of simulations automatically?

Diego A. Arias daarias at wisc.edu
Tue Mar 20 09:50:10 PDT 2007

Hi Franck,

As Lars suggested, one alternative for running parametric studies is to
use TRNEdit.  You can set the values of parameters and inputs using
variables, and then in TRNEdit, you can modify the values of the
variables using a parametric table.
Unfortunately for your case, the thickness of the insulation cannot be
set in TRNBuild using inputs or parameters.  Another alternative is to
use GenOpt, and then run a parametric study. You can find a tutorial on
how to call TRNSYS from GenOpt on our website
(http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/demos/index.html#GenoptType56).  Please
take a look a this tutorial so you can have an estimate of the required
effort to get it to work. Although, for your 16 simulations, it may be
faster to do it by hand, you will gain a lot of flexibility if you get
GenOpt to work with TRNSYS.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
Best regards,

Diego