[TRNSYS-users] Help with TRNSFLOW

Arie Kalkman A.Kalkman at chri.nl
Wed Mar 7 05:42:06 PST 2007

Dear Juan,

With the defined network, you can calculate the flow in either of two cases:
-	external pressure; induced by wind. For this calculation you need
cimatic data including wind speed, and you need to define pressure-
coefficients at each external surface
-	due to thermal buoyancy; in order to get a (small) flow the cracks
should be at different heights to induce a thermal stack.

In order to get a flow large enough to ‘cool’ the hot zone you probably need
a ‘large opening’ instead of a crack.

	(Furthermore: don’t forget to use Type56TRNFLOW instead of the
standard Type56, and don’t forget to switch the input ‘TRNFLOW’ to 1.)

	regards, Arie