[TRNSYS-users] Diego, can you help me with Type 109 user

Jianhua Fan jif at byg.dtu.dk
Mon Jun 25 02:50:57 PDT 2007

Dear Diego,

I have posted this help for some days but without answer. Can you have a look at my problem and point the way out for me?

The problem is with type 109 user format. The 109 user type works all right with my weather data for Copenhagen with the latitude approx. 56°, while it is very strange with my weather data for Greenland with the latitude 70.7°. The problem is that there is no solar radiation in a period in summer when it is supposed to have solar radiation. The problem will disappear by simply changing the latitude to 56, but that is not the right solution.

The Trnsys I am using is 16.01.0002.

I am frustrated with type 109 user and thinking about switching back to TRN 14 which I am sure does not have this kind of stupid problem.

Herewith I send you all the tpf file and the weather data file in view that some of you might know the reason. In order to run the simulation, two nonstandard dlls are needed. They are also enclosed in the email.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

Jianhua Fan

Department of Civil Engineering