[TRNSYS-users] Reading data from an external file in a new TYPE

jordi cipriano cipriano at cimne.upc.edu
Sun Jun 24 23:01:33 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I'm programming a new TYPE and I would like to read some inputs from an external file. If I define a Logical Unit for this file and I put in the proforma of the Type the path of this file, how do I use the OPEN instruction within my TYPE ?. I have some doubts, because, as I understand, the fact of putting an external file in the proforma conducts to an ASSIGN instruction in the deck file. Thus, do I need to re-write again the path of the file in my fortran code, or is there any way to avoid that?.

Many thanks,

Jordi Cipriano
BEE-Group
CIMNE, Spain